The Ambi-Tech™ Brake-Pak is an electronic motor brake that permits rapid stopping of single phase AC motors by DC injection braking, which creates a stationary magnetic field within the motor. Braking action is smooth, adjustable, and frictionless; it begins automatically when the motor is turned off. The Brake-Pak electric motor brake is available in either an enclosed or modular form for added versatility.
- User-adjustable torque and braking time
- Available with line cord, plug, and receptacle for easy installation
- Prevents restarts after power has been removed for 7 seconds
- Accommodates frequent start/stop applications
- Automatic braking for single-phase motors
The Brake-Pak is a smaller sized brakes designed for lower horsepower single phase machines. For example, a bench grinder may be plugged into the Brake-Pak, which would then be plugged into a regular AC outlet. The switch on the Brake-Pak becomes the new power switch. When turned “off,” the grinder wheel will stop in just a few seconds. These are designated as the “ABK” brake.